Saturday, January 20, 2007

Updates, Always These Days.

I don't post enough.

I've totally gotten away from the little things, the day-to-day. Now it's: "Oh, wow, I just turned 29 and only posted a few times last year! So much has happened to catch my non-existent reader base up on!"

Luckily, a non-existent reader base could care less what you write about. There is freedom in a lack of numbers.

So. Then. Today I'll write about... me. Just like always.

I moved in with El Boyfriend. And it is, in short, wonderful. Like we've always been living together, but it's all still new. (The long version shows that my commitment phobias still spring up every now and again, and that grad school keeps me so busy that sometimes I get very lonely for a bigger life that has more friends in it, and that I still freak out about money all the time, despite spending quite a bit of it on pointless things. But that's the long version.)

I hope, I think, I'll be together with him for the long run, whatever that means. It feels good. Like insert cheesy metaphor good. Something pure and epic and meaningful and fun.

I should end the post here, since we all know that short posts are the most interesting. But since 'we' is 'me', I'll let the power go to my head and scoot on.

Grad school is half over, and I am officially An Intern. I work at an elementary school and with senior citizens. I am sort of a real therapist now. Weird.

When I started this blog, I was so much less, well... settled. It was trying to cram fun in all the cracks, so as not to let anything get by. And now? I guess it's waiting to see what happens in a life already created; what spontaneity comes when it's actually spontaneous.

This morning I ate a mango over the sink. Just really went at it, with juice on my hands, no spoon. And now I'm procrastinating on starting my homework and doing paperwork. Urgh. And I have such a pining for winter to be over. I miss long, hot summer days. Mmm. And flip-flops.

Okay, fine. Time to go back to Serious Stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Magic Bullet
Free Web Counter
Magic Bullet