Sunday, December 04, 2005

Hm. It was true.

I am a little embarrassed by my last post. But whatever. It is true. I like it here. I like that I'm living away from my home town. I felt watched in Colorado, knowing so many people. It (and my own insecurities) made exhausted & cranky. Here I just blend in. I am just me, anonymous.

Finals. Grad school for psych is wonderful and hard. I'm finally doing what I want, but I find myself constantly too busy and consistantly egocentric. Am I this way? That way? Is there something wrong with me that I have no idea is there? If I have a personality disorder, I probably won't know it... so what if I do?

I don't really think that I have a personality disorder. But I am insecure about what people think about me, and now I have all this information on "curing myself" without time or energy with which to do so. But plenty of excuses. Yee.

I am also three weeks without a cigarette, mourning smoking as if I had lost a best friend. I don't NEED to have a cigarette, but I MISS having them. It was my excuse for breaks, for feeling melodramatic, for being alone, for liking being alone. Mmm. But there are worse things. Lung cancer, for example. Or being all wrinkly at age 35. Or just being a smoker. It's not what I want to be anymore -- constantly craving something all the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

My dad mentioned your blog to me. He had accidentally entered it while in a rush to see mine, putting the "dot" between my first and last names. Interesting though!I wonder if you are some distant cousin? San Fran is on my someday list...
www.karenesterly.blogspot.com.
Regardless, I am sure you have order in your personality. Merry Christmas!
-fellow esterly girl

December 6, 2005 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Ester said...

Thanks, Karen, for your comment! I have to admit, though, I'm a cheat. Ester is my middle name... I am embracing it in full after years of pretending it was something more "normal" and less "funny-smelling grandma".

I'll be sure to check your blog out!

December 11, 2005 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Magic Bullet
Free Web Counter
Magic Bullet