Friday, August 27, 2004

Friday night at... work.

These are the evenings when, if not careful, I feel a little sorry for myself. Can't let it last too long.

A foggy, cold evening. Friend staying with me while taking a break (?) from her boyfriend, which is nice except that I'm not sure quite what our boundaries are all of the time. Slowly learning that everyone feels alone at the gaps in their lives; that everyone is reaching out for those ridiculous little connections that we think may change us for the better.

And, despite the fact that said friend staying with me sort of gives me a built-in social life for a week, which is fun in a slumber partyish way, I miss my evenings alone at the house. Good to know, perhaps, that I won't be willing to give them up for just anyone anymore. Hallelujah, maybe our little Ester is growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Magic Bullet
Free Web Counter
Magic Bullet