Monday, August 16, 2004

Can't think of a good heading.

I'm eating cottage cheese, and I can't tell if it's slightly rancid or just tastes funny. This is very sad to say, but I've been looking forward to this cottage cheese for a few hours now and am feeling a bit peeved that it's not just the most amazing cottage cheese in the whole wide world.

Today has been hard. I'm still recovering from a big old fever/ache-y sickness thing, but have, for the most part, actually been in good spirits as of late. Had just the best time out last night with a few friends, even though I knew I was overdoing it a bit. This morning a friend calls, she's going through the same crap that I was a month ago. Boyfriend is being irresponsible, making bad decisions, turning a cold shoulder on the relationship and consequences of said irresponsibility. She's trying to decide what to do. After a long talk we head back to our cars; hers has a flat. And, of course, neither of us can remember how to change a tire from experience, because we're AWESOME, so we have to have a guy-friend walk us through it. I learned how to change a tire when I was just starting out driving, but that was over 8 years ago. And the only flats I've gotten were slow leaks when I was only a couple of blocks away from a mechanic. But now I know. Just wish it hadn't been really, really hot out while the lesson was being conducted.

I've loved cottage cheese ever since I made the childhood connection that my bedroom ceiling and my lunch looked exactly the same. Perhaps I was just looking for that simple bond of familiarity today, but no such luck. Good thing a co-worker *just* brought me an apple from the tree outside of her house. That's so rad. My day, it turneth around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Magic Bullet
Free Web Counter
Magic Bullet